Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake
- 45 MinTotal Time
Light, moist and perfectly fluffy, this delightful Lemon and Poppy Seed cake will transport you to cake heaven with just a single bite!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Sunny Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 80 ml water (5½ tbsp)
- 40 ml vegetable oil (3 tbsp)
- 15 g poppy seeds
- Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 10 ml water (for the glaze) (2 tsp)
- Grated zest of one lemon
- Preheatyour oven to 160°C (140°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 3.
- Mixthe eggs, oil, water, poppy seeds and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pourthe mixture evenly into your greased loaf tin.
- Bakein the centre of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a cooling rack.
- Mixthe glaze mix and water together until blended. Drizzle over the cake with flair and finish with a sprinkle of lemon zest. Then say hello to happiness – your sunny lemon cake is ready to eat…Simply divine!